Tuesday 29 March 2016

Sweet Love by KC Lynn


Title: Sweet Love 
Author: KC Lynn
Genres: Romance
Publication Date: March 24th 2016
Rating: 5 Stars
Buying Links:


Synopsis:
Two cups of a protective, dirty talkin’ alpha who loves his Cupcake.

One tablespoon of a sweet southern baker who loves her Sexy Sawyer, even when he’s being a hothead. 

A slice of the past that shows up on their doorstep, turning their world upside down with a life-altering plea.

A dash of passion.

A pinch of heartache.

A sprinkle of hope.

Mix together in a large bowl, creating a difficult choice, a testing of one’s faith, and a man who will do anything to protect his family—even if it means accepting a decision that could result in losing the one he loves most. 

Bake at 350° for a rich serving of life with a love that could withstand anything. Even the unthinkable.

A timeless recipe that is sure to fill your heart with a generous helping of sweet love.
                                                       Meet the Evans Family
I love KC Lynn style of writing she is a talented writer who really makes me feel the pain and love her characters experience. The Men Of Honor Series is one of my Favourites with Sawyer & Grace being my Favourite couple. So when I heard there was going to be a Novella I couldn't wait to get more of Sexy Sawyer & CupCake. 
Even though this is a Novella it is longer than most but hey who's going to complain about that, not me for damn sure.
We catch up with the Sweetest Couple & the Most Adorable twins Parker & Hope on the morning of their first day of school.
       "Mornin', Daddy," Hope greets me with her megawatt smile that always does funny shit to my chest no matter how many times I see it.     I fake a scowl. 
"Hey, you're not my Cupcake."
"Nope, it's me, your Shortcake."
Sawyer is still that sexy, dirty talking protective alpha who loves his cupcake, but we now get to see him as a very loving very protective Daddy. I love that he's still so cock sure of himself for me I love the cheeky side to him. 
                             "That's nothing new, baby. I'm fucking brilliant, you know this."
Grace is a loving sweet mother and has an amazing bond with her children knowing life is so precious, To read them interacting as a family brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart. Loving Sawyer and Grace individually and as a couple was brilliant but nothing compared to loving them as a family. 
              "Y'all look beautiful." "Thanks, Mama." Hope's little arms squeeze me tight while Parker steps back. "Excuse me, but i think you mean handsome."
How the story develops is very emotional, What do you do when your faced with a life or death decision and its not your life in the balance? It was very hard to read how Grace and Sawyer handled such a difficult situation. Grace's heart is so loving and thinking like a mother in wanting to do the right and honourable thing.
Sawyer wanting to protect his family even knowing its not his decision and feeling helpless was heartbreaking. I'm not sure I could have handled it as well as either of them did.
I loved how even though he disagreed with Grace's decision in the beginning, he still supported her and gave her the love and strength that she needed most from him. He protected her and his family and I think I fell even more in love with him for it. Especially the tender way he cared for Grace after everything was done. Swoon worthy!!
The awesome four some is made even better with the added bonus of their extended family and friends, There's an intriguing side story with Sam, Sawyer's sister that is unresolved. With Sawyer's protective side coming out over Sam.
  "My sister is my business and always will be" Already looking forward to that book!!
I'm so glad that we get to visit the whole cast of characters from the series but also that they were only snippets and the novella focused on just the Evans family.
The more you read of KC Lynn's books the more books you want made around all the characters including the children we never want this roller coaster of a ride to end. 
“Hope told me tonight she wants to make a special pie for Beckett. Her cheeks turned pink. Like…she was embarrassed or some shit. She was also talking about finding her Prince Charming one day. What the fuck is up with that?” Grace shrugs. “She’s six.” “Exactly! She shouldn't know what Prince Charming is.” She laughs, like it’s funny. “Sawyer, she’s the perfect age to learn about him. It’s a fairy tale.” “Fairy tale, my ass. She shouldn't be thinking about meeting her Prince Charming or baking pies for any boys but her dad or her brother.” “Don’t be ridiculous. Beckett is just as much her friend as he is Parker’s, even though he picks on her most of the time. Although, Kayla thinks he has a crush on her.” I tense. “What crush? I thought we just established they’re fucking six.”
There is so many endearing parts to this book and if like me you highlight/mark out your favourite parts you may like me find you've highlighted most of the book (giggles).   

So sit back and enjoy another FANTASIC book and curse KC afterwards for making your heart bleed through another beautiful story. A WORTHY READ!!! Puffy eyes and all!!

I would most definitely recommend you read the MEN OF HONOR series because not only is it a Fantastic series and who doesn't want to read more about Hot Alpha's and Fiercely loving women but it would help in following this book and the characters in it.

K.C. Lynn is a small town girl living in Western Canada. She grew up in a family of four children—two sisters and a brother. Her mother was the lady who baked homemade goods for everyone on the street and her father was a respected man who worked in the RCMP. He’s since retired and now works for the criminal justice system. This being one of the things that inspires K.C. to write romantic suspense about the trials and triumphs of our heroes.

K.C. married her high school sweetheart and they started a big family of their own—two adorable girls and a set of handsome twin boys. They still reside in the same small town but K.C.’s heart has always longed for the south, where everyone says ‘y’all’ and eats biscuits and gravy for breakfast. 

It was her love for romance books that gave K.C. the courage to sit down and write her own novel. It was then a beautiful world opened up and she found what she was meant to do…write. 

When K.C.’s not spending time with her beautiful family she can be found in her writing cave, living in the fabulous minds of her characters and their stories.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© MillsyLovesBooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.